Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Introduction

Over the years I have had a few friends ask me for recipes to some of the classic dishes I have made for them. My step-father is always telling me I am making the wrong career choice and should open a restaurant. Lastly, anyone who knows me knows I love to eat. So I am starting a blog. Yes, it may be a little passe but being back in Grad School has given me my writing bug back.

A little bit about me, I am a former bartender who is also a chef, although not classically trained. I have 10 years in the restaurant business, have taken college level course on wine and food, and did I mention I love to eat? I grew up in Indianapolis and have eaten at all the greats there who have all moved on the resturaunt heaven (Something Different, Peter's, L'Explorateur
). When I travel to Vegas it is more about the food then the gambling for me. When I go to a foreign country it is all about sampling the local cuisine and visiting the McDonalds to see how the American chain has corrupted the local cuisine.And now I am in New York, the food capital of the world.

So what to expect from this blog? Well I am not going to make any promises on how often I will publish or what the content will include but the focus will be food. You will find recipes for some classic dishes and some of my creative concoctions. You will see some of my great food adventures, and speaking of that, if you own a restaurant and would like me to feature your place feel free to invite and try to wow me. I will be honest in my review even if you pick up the tab so be prepared to shine or else.

So let's see where this takes us and feel free to share my postings with those who might appreciate them.

No comments:

Post a Comment