Sunday, November 8, 2009

Gray's Papaya


Grey's Papaya
Originally uploaded by joeolas
(212) 799-0243
2090 Broadway (72nd Street)
New York, NY 10023

Recently I visited an old favorite, Gray's Papaya. A friend from north of the border was visiting and he wanted a New York hot dog and so my friend Jenna suggested Gray's Papaya's Recession Buster. For $4.45 (tax included) you get two dogs and a drink. My dogs are always plain here, they are so good they don't need any toppings. Nice natural skin that snaps, all beef quality that are made fresh and grilled on a flat top to perfection. The buns are also toasted so there is no sogginess here. My juice tonight was Papaya. Did you know that papaya is natures TUMS? Hot dogs and fresh squeezed fruit juice is just a special combination. There are several locations in the New York area but I have only been to the one on Broadway and 72nd. I make it a stop after any trip to Lincoln Center.
Gray's Papaya

No comments:

Post a Comment