Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Thanksgivng - It's All About ME!


My plate
Originally uploaded by joeolas
Class is done and i have some time to catch up on things other then school. I have been meaning to post some of my favorite Thanksgiving dishes and it looks like I will only end up posting one recipe, for my cranberry relish.

This is seriously one of my favorite times of year and that is because I am a selfish person. Huh? Isn't this the time of year to be thinking about others and giving thanks? Well yeah, and don't get me wrong, I am very thankful for all God has given me and I do care about others but over the years I have had some really crappy Thanksgivings. Since my father's passing we haven't really had a true family Thanksgiving, as a matter of fact more of my Thanksgivings have been spent away from my family then with them.

The point of today's ramblings isn't to give you a sob story because I realize there are many more stories worst then mine. It is because I love this time of year that I am disappointed by it. I want a perfect Thanksgiving and the truth is that will never happen for me. Instead I settle and try to make the best.

This year, I will be gathering with some of my fellow students to enjoy a meal and some fellowship and I will be okay with it when no one remembers it is my birthday (no one remembers when it falls on the last Thursday of November). This week is suppose to be about me isn't it????

I just have to learn to deal with that fact that I won't be with my family, that the turkey won't be cooked the way I like, that something will be wrong with the sides, that the wine won't be up to standard, that I won't see the largest Christmas Tree get lit up on the Circle, and that I am having to organize my own birthday party that looks like will consist of me and 5 friends.

Does anyone even read this?

1 comment: