Thursday, December 31, 2009

Dagwood's


Dagwood's
Originally uploaded by joeolas
My good friends the Mustaklem's, who also own Zorba's up in Zionsville recently took over the ownership of the Dagwood's http://www.dagwoodsandwiches.com/ in Broad Ripple. For those who went to IU in Bloomington their is no need for me to explain how great a Dagwood's sandwich is. For those who have never had the experience I encourage you to make it a destination stop the next time you are in Bloomington or Indy.

I stopped in on December 26th the first day my friends took over the shop and got to be their first customer. My choice, the only thing I ever order, The Dagwood Supreme; Roast Beef, Ham, Turkey, Provolone and Colby cheeses, lettuce, tomato, onions, and Dagwood's Special Sauce. I always get it without the onions. The Dagwood's Special Sauce is what makes this sandwich really special, a great combination of mustard & mayo and some other stuff. Get is as a sub and it hurts your mouth because it is so big.

This is really a sandwich shop for all people, you will find the gourmet like Turkey with cranberry served on a croissant right next to the ham & cheese sub. I also think you get one of the best bang for your buck (and your health) here. For under $5 you can get a sandwich that is loaded with more meat and quality that you will find at the store that names itself after my favorite mode of transportation when I am in New York. It may not seem as big because of the use of less bread which therefore equal less empty calories. Quality is the ultimate key in a sandwich and I think the best in Broad Ripple is found at Dagwood's.

I always think that restaurants are at their best when the owner is on premise and you will find him there working hard. Charlie and I spent some time talking about how to improve the place and not to fix the stuff that isn't broken. After talking with him there is no doubt he wants to build on the success and take Dagwood's to the next step. Look for good things to come and stop in and support a good friend.

Stop in and support my friends on their new endeavor and tell them I sent you.

No comments:

Post a Comment